Monday, February 26, 2007

Wow...Big Week!

Hey Guys!!

Wow, sorry I haven't been updating, but I have a pretty good reason! You all know my best friend, Jenni came down last Friday, and I couldn't update then. Then, the same day she left, my mom had to change my trach and we couldn't get it back in.

No biggie, its happened before. We repositioned, still didn't work. Okaaaaaay, still not a very big deal. We repositioned again and it still didn't work. Unfortunately, now we had no choice but to call 911. They came, and took me to APH (Arnold Palmer Hospital).

When we got there, they took me in a room WITHOUT a television. (I guess when you are in the TRAUMA room, they don't expect you to want to watch televison....) Luckily, they knew how badly I wanted to watch American Idol and they switched me to a regular ER room.

So 8 people and 5 hours later, they had to call in the ENT (Ear, Nose and Throat Doctor) because no one could get the trach in. Now, my ENT is always able to get my trach in without any problems. He tried to get it in, and he couldn't. So, he decided to put in an e tube, which is what you use when the intubate you through your mouth.

Since the E-tube is an unstable airway, my doctor wanted to admit me, so I spent the last 4 1/2 days in the Pediatric ICU.

There were a couple good things about it, I got to see some people that I hadn't seen in awhile, and I also found out I have internet!!! So I was able to 'test' some things.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Also, my BFF Jenni came down from Colorado last Friday to stay. We went to the airport at 6:30 and picked Jenni up at 8:30.

My mom is a member on a Embroidery Board, and all the members made my dad take pictures of us when we met, and every time he took the picture, I would be blind for the next five minutes.

It was so much fun to have her over! She and I went to the mall, we went to Target. So, we shopped a lot. A lot. We didn't buy much, but when you go to the mall and Target in one weekend, it is a lot of shopping! It was so much fun!

And every night, we stayed up til like 1 AM. So much fun!! It was so nice to have a good friend to spend time with her!

Okay, I have other news, but I'm gonna do a new post.

So...
TTYL!

Molly

No comments: