Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Golden Globes

Did any of you guys watch the Golden Globes last night?? Normally, I wouldn't have, but Monster House (Look at my top fives since July) was nominated, and I HAD to watch it!!!

Unfortunetly, it didn't win, Cars did. I love Cars, it was funny, the voices were awesome, and the story line was awesome. Monster House was almost exactly the same, funny, the voices were awesome (anyone that knows me knows what I mean...:D), and the story line was incredible!!!!

Here is why I thought each movie might win:

Happy Feet: Good songs, kinda funny, and plus it was nominated for other categories

Cars: Funny, good story line, GREAT voice talents. Also, it was aimed at everyone. Kids liked all the funny lines (probably Mater the most), and older kids, while some might've found it juvinile, I still found it funny. It can keep your attention through the movie.

Monster House: (Where do I start???) Hilarious, wonderful story line, it had good actors/actresses that people knew. (ie: Mitchel Musso, Maggie Gyllenhaal, and Spencer Locke to name a few) It had a lot of drama, but lines that could make you laugh out loud. It was also the newest form of animation.

Why I thought each movie might NOT win:

Happy Feet: Although it was good for kids 5-7, any older than that would probably get bored with the story.

Cars: I didn't really have a theory to be honest about why this movie might now win...my guess is that maybe people thought that it was to 'Kiddy'.

Monster House: Although it was probably best for kids 10+, for anyone younger than that, it was probably too scary, and the fact that the animation was so real, probably made it seem more real.

Those are my theories, I think I might make a really good film critic...hmmm...

TTYL!

Molly

No comments: