Saturday, July 08, 2006

Big Day Yesterday!

Yesterday, I went to Universal Studios Orlando with my nurse, her kids, her sister, her kids, and some extra friends. All together, there were 17 people in our party. We got these passes that allowed us to go to both Islands of Adventures AND Universal Studios in one day. We decided to go to Islands Of Adventure first. When we got there, there was an X-men ride. (At Disney, it would have been the tea-cup ride) I have never seen my sister have so much fun. She went on once, then went outside and said she wanted to go again, so she and her buddy, (my nurse asigned buddies to the kids car we were in, which had, my sister, me, and her kids) her oldest child, went on it again! When the ride was over, they went out enough to go out and then go back in AGAIN dragging her buddy. Finally, my nurse had to say that 3 times was enough and she had to come out. Then, we went to a spiderman, and I saw that Spiderman was "appearing" today, my brother LOVES spiderman, so I got in line to get an autograph. Then, we went to Seuss Landing, and I went on my very first "ride". I had gone on the Small World ride at Disney, but it was nice and slow. This was fast and you spun and turned, and plus I had to get out of my wheelchair. Then, we went on the Carousel and I was freaking out because it barely had sides. Luckily, they had a big thing you could sit in for the little kids. So, the front went up and down, and once you got used to it, it was a lot of fun! Then, we went on this Trolley ride on top of the Seuss park. It was cool, because it had great seats, sides, and a bar so you wouldn't fall out. Then, we went to lunch and we had these wristbands so you could get meals for free, and free drinks. Then, I went this walk through thing called Posiden's Fury, and it FREAKED me out. First, it was dark, then, then there was fire in water for the bad guy, then water shot up when it was Poseiden. Meanwhile, my sister, my 6 YEAR OLD SISTER, went on a ROLLER COASTER/water ride! I couldn't believe it!!! Anyway, after that, it started raining, so I had on a poncho and we went to find the other 15 people in our party. Unfortunetly, it started raining, and all the rides closed down due to lightning. So, we decided to go to Universal studios. We went over there and saw Shrek in 4-D, you could see it, smell it, hear it, and feel it. After that, everyone went on the mummy. Then, we ate dinner, we had italian which was good. Then everyone went on rides while I sat and talked to my nurse. Then, my nurse's sister took us to the Curious George part of the kid park. The Curious George part was all water. You would turn things and water would pop out of the wall, ground, everywhere. If that wasn't enough, about every 5 minutes a HUGE bucket of water (I'm talking a good 15 gallons of water) would POUR down on the ground from 20 feet up in the air. Then, we went on more rides, and I went into a store and got something for my OTHER sister who was at home. After that, we saw a cool rock and roll show with Frankenstein, Dracula, Wolfman, and Frankenstein's wife. (I can't remember her name!) There was also a cartoon-like guy named BJ. It was so cool! Then, we had a 9 PM dinner (again). Then, we saw Universal 360, which celebrated all the movies Universal has done, with fireworks popping up every so often. After that, we went suvenior shopping, and then we left. It was a great day!

Oh...I left a little something out. After the Shrek 4-D thing, I accidently fell head first out of my wheelchair. Kind of like a tumble. See, the poncho got caught in my chair and pulled me foward. I twisted or sprained my ankle, I have rug burns on my knee and my elbow, and black and blue marks everywhere. We had the medical people look at it and they said I was fine.
On a side note, I'm reading a blog called Wisdom Heart, and I want to wish Sophia a speedy recovery from her heart surgery. The blog is: http://www.wisdomheart.blogspot.com

Please also remember that comments are appreciated.

Have a great day!

Molly

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey molly! it's Lucy and I was wondering where you posted your blog. cool website by the way!

just All-American Suzan said...

You are so lucky! You go everywhere! Well I think.