Monday, July 24, 2006

Chapter 5!

Here's Chapter 5!

Chapter 5

Anna ran out of the bedroom leaving Oliver and Alex alone.
“Hey,” said Alex. Very subtle, she thought.
“Hey,” said Oliver sitting on the bed, “How have you been?”
“Not bad, it’s nice to see you guys again. With me living in Tennessee, and you guys living in California, it’s nice to be able to see you guys whenever I can,” she said.
“You look great,” he said.
“Thanks,” she said. Oh my gosh! Did he really just say that? She thought.
“Has Smokin Oken got a girlfriend?” she asked laughing.
“No, the girls don’t seem to buy the charm,” he said.
“I wonder why,” she said laughing.
Oliver hit her with a pillow. She fell down and hit herself on the floor.
“Oh my gosh are you ok?” asked Oliver.
Alex got up and grabbed a pillow.
“I will be,” she said charging over to Oliver and hit him with a pillow.
Oliver and Alex kept hitting each other with the pillows until Alex was lying on the floor all out of breath. She got up and brushed herself up.
“I had a great time,” she said.
“Me too,” he said.
“Well, I better go Anna goes crazy if she’s not watching TV,” said Alex laughing.
“I was wondering if you wanted to,” he was about to ask Alex when all of the sudden a large woman came in. She had on a blue striped shirt, black pants, and sneakers. She had a metal detector in hand.
“Get away from him!” she said, “Do you want me to tell her you’re busy?”
“But I can see him!” said Alex. “We’ve been talking!”
“Roxi! She’s my friend!” said Oliver.
“How can you be so sure?” asked Roxi, “Get out!” she said.
“Oliver, I gotta go, I’ll meet you in the lobby,” she said.
“Oh no you won’t!” said Roxi.
Alex screamed and ran out of the room. She hid behind Robbie.
“Roxi!” he said.
“What?” she said coming out.
“This is Alex remember? She’s Miley’s cousin?” he asked.
Roxi considered this.
“Well, I got my eyes on you,” said Roxi.
Alex nodded slowly. She picked up Anna and said, “I’ll be back around five.”
Alex and Anna walked out the door and went to the suite.
Meanwhile…
Maddie was working at the candy counter and talking to Corrie, Gabriella, Taylor and Mary Margaret.
“So, what are you guys doing in Boston?” asked Maddie.
“Well, we are in our senior year, so we all paid for a cross country trip before school starts,” said Gabriella.
“Sounds cool!” said Corrie.
“Where did you guys go?” asked Mary Margaret.
“Salt Lake City, Dallas, Phoenix, New Orleans, Denver, Nashville, Orlando, and now Boston,” said Gabriella.
“Wow!” said Corrie.
“Was it fun?” asked Maddie.
“It was ok, you try spending ten days in an RV with three boys, and a superficial airhead,” said Taylor.
“I know what it’s like to know a spend time with a superficial airhead! I have to spend 8 hours a day seven days a week with London!” said Maddie.
“What are you talking about it? London’s awesome!” said Corrie.
Mary Margaret rolled her eyes.
“She’s not,” she said.
“We figured that out,” said Taylor and Gabriella.
Just then, Chad came down.
“Hey Chad!” said Taylor.
“Hey Taylor!” he said.
“Can I please have two Mr. Nutty bars?” he asked.
“Sure,” said Maddie.
She got the candy bars.
“That’ll be 5 dollars, minus your 10% discount that will be 4.50, out of 10. 5.50’s your change!” she said handing him the candy bar and his change.
“Wow! You did that all in your head!” said Chad.
“Thanks,” she said.
“Hey Taylor you wanna go see a movie?” he asked.
“Sure!” she said.
Taylor and Chad walked away leaving Maddie, Corrie, Mary Margaret, and Gabriella alone to talk.
“Next!” called Maddie.
Maddie kept working and taking to her friends when Lily came up.
“Hey Lily! Can I get you anything?” asked Maddie.
“Yeah, can I have a Nougats and Nuts?” she asked.
“Sure,” she said getting one. She handed it to Lily who said thank you and left.
Maddie kept working for what seemed like forever. Corrie and Mary Margaret left to go home for dinner, and then Gabriella left a little while later to have dinner too.
Finally, Mr. Moseby said that it was the end of Maddie’s shift. Before he even finished his sentence, Maddie had closed up the candy counter and was in the elevator.
When the elevator dinged Maddie ran to Miley’s suite and knocked. The door opened and Maddie walked inside. When she walked in, she saw Alex and Anna sitting on the floor watching TV.
“Alex? Anna?” said Maddie.
“Maddie?”
“What are you doing here?” they both asked.

1 comment:

just All-American Suzan said...

I'm curiuos. And sorry it took so long for me to read it. But why is Maddie there? Is it for the concert. Dont tell me. I want it to be a surprise. Cant wait to figure out!
--Yours
Suzan Winters.